ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Music is often referred to as an international language able to unite people from different backgrounds and cultures and the Emirates Youth Symphony Orchestra perfectly represents a future generation living in Dubai which is a multi-cultural environment in every sense of the word.
The idea for a young virtuoso’s festival in the Middle East, open to all nationalities, was a natural progression after more than a decade of concerts and performances in the UAE, Kuwait, Oman, France and the Czech Republic by this unique group of talented young musicians.
We adopted the banner of peace in our festival name because children from all over the world and music in general are the symbols of unity among nations that can promote World Peace Love and Tolerance.
Since 2004 we have been holding the Dubai International Peace Music Festival (for young virtuosos) and since the beginning we have organized international competitions to precede the festival.
- After participating in several International Music Festivals, Emirates Youth Symphony Orchestra was musically prepared to hold a Musical Festival in its homeland UAE in 2004. By utilizing its musical and administrative capabilities along with the generosity of the government establishments, public and private sectors coupled with the good reputation of UAE around the world, it gave the Orchestra the necessary sponsorship to hold this consecutive international festivals.
- Embracing peace, tolerance, harmony, and cooperation between the nations is a continuous commitment of the culturally diverse orchestra members, whose unity through music is a representation of the Cultural Bridge which is the UAE – bringing together East and West in perfect harmony…
- Follow a high standard of music education for today’s youth to excel in performance.
- Spread tolerance, love and peace among the nationalities of the world under trends and aspirations of UAE.
- Encourage the talents of national youth by joining them with talented youth from diverse international backgrounds and cultures.
- Enrich musical activities, with sound presence from UAE locally, regionally and internationally
- Proudly convey UAE cultural and civic voice at an international level
The past fourteen festivals have gained a remarkable reputation for the high standard, organization and preparedness, becoming well known locally and internationally through the participation of International Youth Orchestras and renowned performers such as Hungarian Violinist Barnabs Kelleman, the Czech Amadeus Trio and others.
A successful outcome of the festivals was the Accreditation and Certification of EYSO by the Premiere Music College of Prague, allowing the Orchestra to benefit from exchange study programs and summer courses, as well as partaking in International Music Festivals and talent Competitions in Prague and the UAE. EYSO looks forward to cooperate similarly with all participating countries.